Get in touch!
Located in Mauritius
Bored islander, always trying to find a excuse to step on a plane in a perpetual quest for newness. Dad x3, trail runner, scuba diver and watercolour enthusiast in a past life…will get back to these one day.
Currently working as an Internet Measurement Expert at ISOC to untangle this giant web. My areas of interest are Interdomain routing, network security, Internet measurements, content delivery and QoE, with a particular emphasis on African networks. I am a co-chair of the AFRINIC Measurement Working Group. On the side, I am a Research Committee member of the GFCE and I am a frequent speaker at NOG meetings in Africa. I enjoy reviewing papers as a TPC member of several academic and technical conferences including ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), Traffic Measurement and Analysis (TMA), AFRICOMM, AFPIF, AIS, SAFNOG, etc.
I completed a PhD in Computer Science at the University of Cape Town, South Africa in 2021 and I obtained an M.Eng in Computer Engineering at Telecom Nancy, France (2008) as well as an MSc in Information Security at the University of London, UK (2013). Between 2008 and 2010, I worked as a Guest Researcher at NIST in the Information Discovery, Use and Sharing division.
- PHD THESISImproving content delivery in low-resource networks: A case study of the African Internet Ecosystem2021
- ACM IMCOn Measuring RPKI Relying Parties2020
- ACM IMCOn the free bridge across the digital divide: Assessing the quality of facebook s free basics service2016
- ACMDEVA first look at mobile internet use in township communities in South Africa2016
- SIGCOMM CCRInside the walled garden: Deconstructing facebook s free basics program [BEST CCR]ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review 2017
- IEEE AfriconInsight into Africa s country-level latencies [BEST PAPER]2017
- IEEE INFOCOMDeep diving into africa s inter-country latencies2018
- IEEE COMSNETSOn the potential of Google AMP to promote local content in developing regions2019